Social Butterfly or Wallflower?
If you know me in real life, you know I am a wallflower. I am usually the quiet one in the corner at the party, smiling at other people and having fun. Don’t get me wrong, I am not a pathetic wallflower. I just feel more comfortable claiming my spot and having the social butterflies come visit me. It is one of the reasons my husband and I get along so well. He is the social butterfly. I keep a spot for him to come back to!
This past week I stepped outside of my comfort zone. I went to Charlotte, North Carolina to attend a workshop for Travel Professionals. I learned how to understand the needs of travelers, how to become clearer with my message, and how to find those clients I can help the most. Oh, and I also spread my wings a little and became a bit of a social butterfly!
I met a wonderful group of ladies and we had a lot of laughs. I was still the quiet one, but as you can see… I didn’t mind crowding in for the photo on the last night. Either way…Social Butterfly or Wallflower I had a great time!
Until next time,
My Top 5 Insider Cruise Tips
I love to cruise and over the years I have learned a lot of insider tips that make the voyage so much more enjoyable. Today I am going to share my top 5 with you. Hopefully, they will improve your next cruise!
- On Caribbean or Bahamian cruises the ships usually stop on the cruiseline private island. For Disney, it is Castaway Cay (pronounced KEY. Weird, I know!) These private islands have the most wonderful beaches. The sand is clean and soft. Just what you would want beach sand to be. Until it is time to go back to the ship. Then that sand is a pain to get off! It just seems to stick everywhere. Here is where TIP #1 comes in. Baby Powder! Yup, just sprinkle some baby powder on your feet after you dry off and then brush off your feet. The sand just falls away. So much nicer for that long walk back.
- This next tip is good for hotels as well as cruise ships. Bring Binder Clips. Those big black clips are almost as good as duct tape. I use them to keep the drapes closed when I want to keep the light out. To keep my towel on the chair so it doesn’t blow away. Close a bag tightly. Oh and yes, I use the smaller ones to keep all my cruise documents together.
- When cruising on the Disney ships, you have free room service. More importantly, even though it is not on the menu, you can order Mickey Ice Cream Bars to be delivered to your room! A great midnight snack. Just remember to tip your attendant when they bring it. You’re welcome!
- I really don’t travel without #4. My Contigo Travel Mug. This is a mug that keeps drinks from spilling. It keeps my tea (or my husbands coffee) hot for hours. I can fill up with iced tea and bring it to the pool without worrying about spilling it. In the morning, while everyone is still asleep, I can go up and get fresh tea in a larger cup than what they offer and have it on the verandah as I watch the sunrise! I LOVE my Contigo mugs.
- Last, but not least is your LIFE VEST. Yes, of course, it is handy to have in case of an emergency. I have a more practical daily use. Use your life vest as a seat cushion on your verandah chairs. Often the chairs on the cruise lines are low, so your sight line can be just at the rail. By putting your vest on the sea, it raises you enough to see over the railing. That is a much better position for viewing those whales breach in Alaska!
Do you have any great cruise tips? Share them on my Facebook page!
I help you navigate the maze of vacation planning.
All that is left is for you to Experience the Magic!